For more information or photos, media only may call:
Jan Nicholas, Edmonds Chamber
P : (425) 670-1496
For Immediate Release, July 28, 2017
What: 35th ANNUAL “A TASTE OF EDMONDS” (Est. 1983)
Who: The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce presents
When: August 11-13, 2017
Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Civic Playfield, 310 6th Ave. N, Edmonds, WA 98020
Admission: $5 Daily (12 and under free)
Food Booths: 35 food booths featuring a wide range of delights to satisfy any palate.
Arts and Crafts Booths: Over 70 quality vendors offering original, hand-crafted work including: jewelry, art, photography, clothing, pottery, glass, leather items and many other crafts.
Children’s Area: Features inflatable rides, pony rides, giant slide, Water Balls, Euro Bungee, the Frog Zone, free craft activities and booths that cater to the wee ones.
Entertainment: Three (3) stages of fabulous live entertainment!
- The Beer Garden serving Budweiser and welcomed by KZOK Radio will feature popular bands THE BEATNIKS, SPIKE & THE IMPALERS, THE AFRODISIACS AND #1 PEARL JAM tribute band WASHED IN BLACK. Note: $2 cover charge to beer garden after 4pm on Friday and Saturday.
- The Campbell Nissan of Edmonds Main Stage is welcomed by JACK FM Radio will feature positive comedy Hypnotist THAT LADY HYPNOTIST, from Disneyland PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY’S tribute to The Monkees and PAPERBACK WRITER’S tribute to The Beatles, Edmonds Woodway Jazz Band, and many more popular NW Tribute bands.
- The Kid’s Stage is welcomed by KMPS Radio and Lynnwood Honda and is hosted by The ROWDY REFEREES. Appearing on the kid’s stage will be REPTILE ISLE, KID’S KARAOKE, and several local favorites.
Free Shuttle: A Taste of Edmonds will be making it easy to visit by dropping folks off at the festival entrance on 7th Avenue. Parking and shuttle are FREE! The busses will depart and return to Edmonds Woodway High School every 15 minutes beginning 11 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Thank you to Coldwell Banker Bain Realty of Edmonds.
- Meadowdale High School Class of 1977 will host an unofficial 40-year party on Aug. 11, beginning at 4 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Edmonds High School Class of 1987 will host an unofficial 30-year party on Aug. 12, beginning at 2 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Lynnwood High School Class of 1997 will host an unofficial 20-year party on Aug. 12, beginning at 6 p.m. in the beer garden.
- Edmonds-Woodway High School Class of 2007 will host an unofficial 10-year party on Aug. 13 beginning at 4pm in the beer garden.
- Tulalip Resort Casino and Quilceda Creek Casino will be on-site to spread the luck. Check out the prizes and give-aways!
- Beer Garden Cornhole Tournament will kick off all three days in the Beer Garden. Pre-registered teams will compete Friday and Saturday, with the finals on Sunday. The top team will take home $500.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors finals Saturday 1pm in the Beer Garden.
- Edmonds All Star Karaoke contest on the Main Stage Friday 8:45pm.
- Edmonds Lane on Bell Street will feature local Edmonds based businesses from our community.
- Washington’s Lottery will be on-site selling all your favorite games and will have second chance drawings all three days of the Taste.
- This year the Wine Garden is pouring a fabulous selection of NW wines and welcomed by Edmonds native Jeff Boyer UNCORKED. Whether a seasoned connoisseur or a novice sipper; we’ll have something for every palate!
- Meet the Winemaker in the Wine Garden on Saturday. Meet Ron Bunnell from Bunnell Family Cellars from 3-5pm and Sorin Dumitru from Bontzu Cellars from 5-7pm.
- The Taste has created more covered dining area for folks to eat under cover, sun or rain.
So as you can see, there is plenty of fun for the whole family! But, please, leave your pets at home.
For general event information, visit www.TasteEdmonds.com or call the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center at (425) 776-6711.